The last time I saw Devil Makes 3 was in 2011 and the experience didn’t end very well for me, though it wasn’t any fault of theirs. It seemed like all of South Lake Tahoe turned out for their sold out show on Saturday at Montbleu. I had a blast and I can’t wait to share the rest of the photos.
I love discovering new bands. Check these guys out.
Snowglobe Music Festival is returning to Tahoe for it’s third year and it’s not too late to join in on the fun. Three day passes and single day tickets are still on sale.
LAUREN’S PICKS – DAY 3 – Tuesday, December 31st, 2013
Welcome to Snowglobe Music Festival! New Year’s Eve at Snowglobe brings the day with the line up I am personally the most excited about, mostly because Cut Copy is definitely in my list of the top five bands of all time.
- Vokab Company: Main Stage, 5:30-6:15. Vokab Company is no stranger to Tahoe and these MCs from San Diego have built up quite a following here with their special blend of electronic, hip-hop, soul and funk. Their super dynamic sound has garnered them the title of “best hip-hop group” at the San Diego Music Awards for three years in a row now. For fans of: Gift of Gab, Timbuktu, Hoodie Allen.
- Beats Antique: Main Stage, 8:00-9:00. The energy, excitement and mesmerizing beauty of a Beats Antique show is a completely unique, provocative and dazzling experience. Check out our interview with Beats Antique from last year for more. For fans of: STS9, Les Claypool, Pentaphobe.
- Steffi Graf: Igloo Tent, 9:00-10:15. This house and disco loving DJ duo was one of my surprise finds and favorites at last year’s event. For fans of: James Murphy DJ sets, Prince, and Danny Tenaglia.
- Cut Copy: Main Stage, 11:15-12:30. Cut Copy’s freshman album Bright Like Neon Love remains to this day in frequent listening rotation. This band’s dreamy love-laden and 80s flavored pop songs will have the field dancing into the night. They are currently on tour to support their new album, Free Your Mind and I caught their show recently in Reno, NV where they played a sing-a-long inducing mix of old and new songs. For fans of: Two Door Cinema Club, Empire of the Sun, and Phoenix.
COMING UP in our coverage of Snowglobe:
- Reviews and photos! See you there!