LAUREN’S PICKS – DAY 3 – Tuesday, December 31st, 2013
Welcome to Snowglobe Music Festival! New Year’s Eve at Snowglobe brings the day with the line up I am personally the most excited about, mostly because Cut Copy is definitely in my list of the top five bands of all time.
- Vokab Company: Main Stage, 5:30-6:15. Vokab Company is no stranger to Tahoe and these MCs from San Diego have built up quite a following here with their special blend of electronic, hip-hop, soul and funk. Their super dynamic sound has garnered them the title of “best hip-hop group” at the San Diego Music Awards for three years in a row now. For fans of: Gift of Gab, Timbuktu, Hoodie Allen.
- Beats Antique: Main Stage, 8:00-9:00. The energy, excitement and mesmerizing beauty of a Beats Antique show is a completely unique, provocative and dazzling experience. Check out our interview with Beats Antique from last year for more. For fans of: STS9, Les Claypool, Pentaphobe.
- Steffi Graf: Igloo Tent, 9:00-10:15. This house and disco loving DJ duo was one of my surprise finds and favorites at last year’s event. For fans of: James Murphy DJ sets, Prince, and Danny Tenaglia.
- Cut Copy: Main Stage, 11:15-12:30. Cut Copy’s freshman album Bright Like Neon Love remains to this day in frequent listening rotation. This band’s dreamy love-laden and 80s flavored pop songs will have the field dancing into the night. They are currently on tour to support their new album, Free Your Mind and I caught their show recently in Reno, NV where they played a sing-a-long inducing mix of old and new songs. For fans of: Two Door Cinema Club, Empire of the Sun, and Phoenix.
- Reviews and photos! See you there!