Miscellaneous other thoughts on SXSW 2013
- Bands I wish I saw but regrettably didn’t: CHVRCHES, Haim, Alt-J, The Zombies, Elle King, Ivan & Alyosha, Capital Cities, Parquet Courts and of course, Prince.
- Paste Magazine’s day party during SXSW Music was consistently the best line-up. I missed quite a few shows that I would have loved to see at the Stages on Sixth, like the Zombies (!) due to assignments, but overall, almost every day I knew I could show up there and be guaranteed a great line-up of stellar bands. You can see all my photos from the Stages on Sixth shows that I caught via this link.
- At the Paste + Sennheiser Interactive Lounge at the Blackheart during SXSW Interactive there was always someone interesting being interviewed, plus I had a friend who interns for Paste that was always stuck hanging out guarding equipment so it was rad to know that I could always find him in his corner. Plus, they have good beer at the Blackheart. Anne got to take a photo with Marcel the Shell and we got to listen to Aisha Tyler get interviewed. She’s awesome. I missed the Elle King show there but got to watch Seryn one afternoon, which happened to be absolutely perfect afternoon porch music. You can check out all my photos from the Paste + Sennheiser Interactive Lounge via this link.
- The Haus of Hipstamatic also threw some killer day parties during the Interactive Festival. I caught Social Studies and the Ridges one afternoon there. Additional awesome: free bloody mary’s, iced coffee and tacos. You can check out my photos from the Haus of Hipstamatic via this link.
- You can check out all my favorite concert images from SXSW 2013 via this link and my personal images via this link.
Have an inkling to go to SXSW? SXSW runs the show with more than 3,000 volunteers a year. Trade your time for credentials. Check here in November 2013 for information on next year.
Previously in my SXSW wrap-up: