What’s better than a weekend wine getaway at friend’s ranch in the Amador County Wine Country for Easter weekend?
The answer: a weekend wine getaway at a friend’s ranch in Amador County Wine Country for Easter weekend where we have an adult Easter Egg Hung and roast a lamb.
Pleasantly warm temperatures, abundant sunshine, good friends and a lot of wine equal quite possibly the best weekend ever. Add some charcuterie and cheese plates to the mix and the whole weekend becomes as delectable as burrata on toast.
Want your own Amador County wine weekend?
- Make sure your weekend is completely relaxing by staying at one of the numerous Sutter Creek Bed and Breakfasts.
- The roads in Amador County are perfect for road biking so bring your bikes along and tour the wineries in the best way possible. There is a limited amount of road routes available at this site, but from what I can tell, most of the roads we were on, including the main highways, would be amazing to ride on.
- Taste has a rotating menu of seasonal ingredients and you can get an appetizer and beverage pairing for $13 at Thirteen Dollar Thursdays at the Wine Bar.
- Andrae’s Bakery is heaven from the tables of cookbooks outside the door to the breads, pastries and sweets that line the glass counter inside. Make sure you pick up some of their specialty sea salts while you’re there. The Mediterranean Blend is great to coat on grilled fish, chicken or veggies and the Durango Hickory Smoked Sea Salt can’t be beat for steaks and burgers.
- Holly’s Hill is my most favorite winery of all time. It’s not on the fastest road to Amador, but you should totally take the long way to Plymouth and Sutter Creek vie El Dorado County and stop into Holly’s Hill. Their staff is unbeatable and their grounds are gorgeous. Nearby Madroña Vineyards is also always a clear winner. I love their zinfandel.
- Helwig has beautiful grounds with an amazing outdoor amphitheater. Large groups can reserve the private tasting room for a true tour of what Helwig has to offer. Check out their summer concert series schedule – buy a bottle (or three) of wine and take a picnic to enjoy the summer nights.
- Cooper Vineyards is a favorite. The owner, the grounds and the atmosphere are relaxed and unpretentious. Locals love to visit on the nights they host their “Old-Timers’ Music Jam.”
- Turley is one of my most favorite wineries of all time. I can still remember the first time I ever took a sip of their wine. Their wine is hard to come by and a must order when I find it on restaurant wine lists. The tasting room is open daily from 10 AM to 5 PM.