Love + Wander has given me so much internet love over the last year and I’m super appreciative. It’s a super rad little blog that’s specifically geared towards celebrating photographers who celebrate life. I’m so thrilled to see this Sonoma Girls’ Trip on their blog last week. Every time some of my work gets published elsewhere, it’s as if I get to relive the day and this was one of my absolute favorite days of 2014.
You can visit the full post via this link. Feel free to share some love and thank them for supporting me by leaving comments on their post, sharing it or retweeting us!
You can also follow Love + Wander on facebook and twitter.
I was so happy to wake up Wednesday morning to see that the Evalyn Ivy, ran a travel inspiration post featuring my photos as a Sonoma Vacation Photographer. Evalyn Ivy was formerly known as Gent & Beauty and is a prestigious online Skandinavian Style Magazine run by a very fashionable man and wife duo. They provide readers with an “eclectic range of inspiration with all the things [they] love housed under one roof.” I am feeling pretty honored with my inclusion among the beautiful work and photos you’ll find on their website.
Someone recently asked me what my favorite job this year was and this day was it! I had such a wonderful time following these smart fun Texas women around Sonoma as their vacation photographer that I want to do it all over again. I still have a few bottles of wine hanging out in my wine fridge from William Selyem that are just waiting for the right occasion to be consumed!
Big thanks to Evalyn Ivy for sharing my work. You can check out Gent and Beauty’s Travel Inspiration Post featuring my photos via this link. You can also follow them on Instagram.
This was the best job ever.
I had so much fun with these ladies.
How about more people hire me to photograph their day wine tasting? Please and thank you.
Big thanks to Trueblu who agrees that these girls know how to vacation properly. You can also follow Trueblue on Facebook, Pinterst, Instagram and Twitter.
When five girls from Texas emailed me to find out if I’d be interested in following them around wine tasting for a day as their Napa Vacation Photographer, of course I said yes. They were smart, bright, gorgeous, and hilarious women. Let me tell you, these women know how to do vacation right and they put me to shame: they rented an amazing house with a cabana and a pool, overlooking vineyards in Glen Ellen, Sonoma County; they hired a driver; brought us picnics; hired ME to be their vacation photographer; and filled the air with laughter everywhere we went. You want an amazing Girls’ Wine Weekend, hire these girls to plan it!
Want your own Napa Valley Girls Weekend?
- The girls rented this amazing 3 bedroom home in Glen Ellen, Sonoma, on Airbnb. It has 5 beds, 3 bedrooms and an additional private cottage. It’s on a quiet road, snuggled up next to surrounding wineries that you can walk to in the afternoon if you have extra time.
- VRBO also offers a slew of wonderful properties for large group rentals in the area. This secluded wine country retreat in Sonoma sleeps 7 and has a pool and hot tub.
- The Vichy Springs are a little under a 2 hour drive from Sonoma and offer day use of their mineral baths and pools. The Calistoga Hot Springs are just under an hour drive from Sonoma and a great way to spend the evening: after 7 p.m. the entrance fee is only $10 so bring a picnic dinner and some wine to enjoy poolside.
- Local Osmosis Day Spa offers a Japanese influenced spa experience for 2.5 hours that starts in your own private tea garden and is followed up by a Cedar Enzyme Bath and a 75 minute Swedish-Esalen massage for $219!
- The Girl and the Fig offers “country food with a French passion.” The menu changes daily depending on ingredient availability from local farms.
- Stay Safe. Denise with Da Vine Wine Tours will come to your house or hotel, pick you up, and drive you around every day. She knows all the vineyards and wine makers. She’ll set out an unbelievable picnic for you, complete with a table cloth, make appointments for you, and keep you on schedule, all with a smile. She is awesome and I can’t imagine every doing a Napa, Sonoma or Russian River Vacation without her assistance!
- Iron Horse Vineyards are rustic and elegant, with grand sweeping views of the Sonoma countryside, exceptional pinots, chardonnays and sparkling wines. I purchased a bottle of the 2010 Rued Clone Chardonnay while there – it’s delightfully crisp, clean and refreshing. In short, a porch wine.
- Lynmar Estate offers great wines and an unbeatable garden. Their patio is lush, colorful and filled with veggies. The estate is breathtaking and intimate. Here you trade vast expanses of rolling hills filled with grapevines for tight narrow pathways overgrown with exceptionally green plants.
- William Selyem produces award winning knock out pinot noir and I had to buy one, but only one because that’s all I could afford. The grounds are spectacular, the building awe inspiring and the tasting includes a tour. Tastings and tours are by appointment only and for wine list members only. You need at least two weeks head time to make a reservation. Go here to join the mailing list and make a reservation.
When a group of Texas girls emailed me and invited me to be their Napa vacation photographer for a day of wine tasting in the Sonoma, Napa and Russian River area, I did backflips. They like wine; I like wine. They’re from Texas; I’m from Texas. They need a photographer; I am a photographer. Match made in heaven? I think so.
Here’s a sneak peek from our unbelievably awesome day visiting wineries. I can’t wait to share more photos and stories from their Napa Girls’ Weekend: these girls know how to do vacation right.