So, what exactly is my process and how can you implement AI-powered blog writing for your small business? Here are some steps to get you started:
Choose the Right AI Tool: There are several AI-powered writing tools and platforms available. I personally simply use Chat GPT and since it’s arrival it’s worked great for my needs.
Customization is Key: While AI can assist in content generation, it’s important to customize the output to maintain your unique voice and brand identity. I never use AI written content as it starts – I use it as a foundation to help me flesh out ideas. In addition, AI generation is a great way to aggregate research into one place in a time saving way. A great example of this would be the prompt I used to detail all the different “hats” a small business owner wears. I asked AI to “give me the types of roles that a small business owner plays in running a solo business.” In addition, you need to make sure that what AI has generated is accurate and coherent. One might think this could go without saying but ….. maybe not.
Learn how to prompt it: This is probably the most useful and essential step I can help guide you on. Prompting google and AI is a little bit of an art (and one that I’ve always taken pride in doing well). Although you should certainly experiment with your process, this is mine:
1. I have AI suggest relevant keywords for a blog post. For this post specifically I asked AI to give me “10 keyword ideas to target by a professional commercial photographer in regards to how small business owners can use AI to their advantage.”
2. I then will sometimes refine the options with additional information. In this case, I asked it to suggest a keyword for a post that specifically “involves using AI to write your blog posts.”
3. I then ask it to suggest blog post titles. These titles should align with your content strategy and engage your target audience. Remember, the AI can generate content more effectively when it has a clear focus. In this case, I asked it to suggest 10 blog post titles for a professional commercial photographer looking to target the keyword “AI-Powered Blog Writing for Photographers.”
4. I then ask it to create an outline. Before asking it to generate a blog post, I ask for an outline that will give me key headlines, subheadings, and structure. It will give me a road map and allow me to make additional tweaks to the intent when I ask it to flesh out the ideas with a written post.
5. I then ask it to write and review the post. Once the content is generated, I take what I find useful, trash what I don’t, and then completely re-write it. By editing and customizing the content as needed allows me to maintain your unique brand voice, accuracy, and quality, but in a way that requires a far shorter time commitment in my every week.
Armed with these steps, you should be able to more effectively harness the power of AI for your small business blog while maintaining control over the content’s quality and relevance like I do. Learning how to prompt AI effectively is an ongoing process – don’t hesitate to experiment, refine your approach, and continuously seek out new tips that will make your process more efficient and more effective.