Coming to visit Tahoe during the holiday season? There are plenty of local events to get you in the holiday spirit!
- The Community Winter Tree and Menorah Lighting: Take photos with Santa and enjoy hot chocolate, cookies and complimentary Borges sleigh rides. 5:00 PM, December 7th at the Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority California Visitors Center, 3066 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
- Dad’s LPs Ugly Christmas Sweater Party: Itchy wool! Cats dressed like Santa! Sweatshirts that light up! Sweet tunes from your favorite local band! What’s not to like? Come out to the Divided Sky and celebrate the holidays with a show from Dad’s LPs. Prizes for the most hideous yet festive polyester yarn attire that shows up. The more flammable your sweater, the better this show will be! Cover is $5. Band plays at 9 pm. Friday, December 7th, The Divided Sky
- Meyers Community Tree Lighting: enjoy hot chocolate, cookies, cider, popcorn and Christmas music as they light the Meyers Community Christmas Tree. Santa will “drop in” via Cal Star Helicopter. Sunday, December 9th, 6:00 PM in the Divided Sky/Downtown Cafe parking lot.
- Christmas with Aaron Neville Saturday, December 15th, 7:30, Harrah’s South Shore Room.
- Heavenly Holidays at the Heavenly Village. A festival for the whole family at the Heavenly Village featuring professional ice skating shows, ice sculptors, carolers, local artists and a 16-foot snow globe where kids can get their photos taken with Santa. It all starts December 19th and culminates December 31st with A Heavenly New Year’s Celebration including ice sculptors, live music, fire dancers and a 9:00 PM ball drop and fireworks show. Daily events December 19th-31st at the Heavenly Village.
- Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe: Tchaikovsky’s colorful and ever-popular ballet will be on stage for one night only! Friday, Dec. 21 at 8:00 PM in the Harrah’s Lake Tahoe South Shore Room.